Pages

Saturday, June 18, 2011

Heroes

As this is, officially, Aboriginal History Month, something I was unaware of until recently (indeed, many people were unaware of this, it hasn't been publicized) and Tuesday is National Aboriginal Day, I thought I would share with you another song that I find to be quite inspiring.

Wab Kinew is a rapper from Winnipeg.  He also works for the CBC.  The song Heroes wears its heart on its sleeve, starting with the phrase "I hear alot of people say that the Native community needs heroes. Well, we already have heroes.  Let's take a minute and remember them."

Who are your heroes? I have mine. I don't feel like sharing today, but I have mine.  I do hope that someday someone might consider me to be one of theirs.  We'll see.

Share it out and enjoy.

http://youtu.be/3Ul4KmHlzMc

Sorry, I had tried to embed the video but for some reason, it wouldn't let me.  Blogger and Youtube used to let me but the last few times, I have not been allowed for some reason.

1 comment:

  1. Hey,

    Wab's song is in an anthology I review for McGraw Hill, Strength and Struggle: Perspectives From First Nations, Inuit, and Metis Peoples in Canada.

    I hope his comes out with more cool stuff that is appropriate for sharing with students.

    ReplyDelete